Monday, June 29, 2009

Gearing up for July 4th



While trying to plan my menu for our 4th of July barbecue (I hope the weather holds up!), I remembered one of my favorite appetizers from Smitten Kitchen, Feta Salsa. If you are not familiar with Smitten Kitchen run and check out her amazing blog! This Mediterranean inspired appetizer includes some of my favorite flavors like Kalamata olives and feta cheese. Plus, this recipe is very adaptable. Last time I made it I didn't have scallions on hand, so I used capers and it still turned out wonderful. Serve it with pita chip, sliced baguette, flat bread or whatever you have handy. Yum!

4 comments:

JosiahsMommy said...

I'm so excited for the 4th! Thanks for the recipe. We go to a big party every year so this will be great to try out.

Veronica Lee said...

Hi, I'm visiting from MBC. Great blog.

Black Labs and Lilly said...

This sounds delicious!

birthday girl said...

mmmm, sounds yummy! i'm a smitten kitchen fan myself.